Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enthusiasm

During my junior year of high school, I enrolled in an AP United States History course to challenge myself academically.  But, from the first class period, where I met Ms. Steindler, I thoroughly enjoyed the class and actually cared about the material that we learned about.  The material was not always easy to study, but Ms. Steindler's bubbly personality and daily enthusiasm about history kept me motivated to keep reading.  She did not only look at the textbook and see content to have her students memorize; instead, she saw the full-fledged history of our country and its importance that she wished to pass on to all of her students, myself included.  She would go out of her way to secure our learning of the content.  Apart from just purely loving history, Ms. Steindler cared that her students were also enjoying themselves inside her classroom.  She allowed us to be comfortable and relax while doing our work and bring food.  In fact, she would occasionally bring us donuts or coffee on a Friday when we had a productive week.  This class was truly one of the only classes in high school in which I cared about the content and the material, largely in response to the passion and enthusiasm of our teacher, Ms. Steindler.

No comments:

Post a Comment